Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A quicky

Charly was definitely a quick read. I gobbled it down in one sitting. I figure, it's like watching the movie again -- but better. Books are always better. I just fell in love with Sam. Even though he caused my eyes to fall into the back of my head a couple of times, I just loved the way he changed because of Charly.

Some of the events were WAY out there. Like the marriage games. No guy is going to role play marriage for one whole week while in competition with another guy. No guy! And the dishes thing at their half mormon/half non-mormon party. Anyone would talk about the Gospel if someone was begging to learn, no matter how many dishes they had to do. And, any good mormon would help that man do the dishes after it was all said and done.

But overall I really liked the book. I always know it's good when I laugh out loud, gasp, and then get a little chocked up. I loved the scriptoral references. I wish I could recommend this to other Christian friends, but Sam is just a bit much sometimes and I don't want people to know some Mormons really think like that. Cause unfortunately I think some still do.

I hear this is Jack Weyland's best though, so I won't be running out to read others. I'd imagine he's like Nicholas Sparks, read one and you've got them all covered.

No comments: