Sunday, March 30, 2008

Speak



I finished this book about a month ago but I thought it deserved a comment. I tried reading it once over a year ago and just didn't think it was that great. Then, the teacher below me started teaching it and the kids loved it. One of the girls on the Basketball team told me it was her favorite book ever so I thought it deserved a second try. Again, it didn't really catch me at the beginning, but I think it has something in there that everyone can relate too. A goofy or arrogant teacher, a jerk jock, shyness, awkward stages, the whole gammit of teenage living. I can see why it appeals to young readers, but I still don't think it has as much literary merit as it leads on to having. Definitely an easy read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read 1984 it's the best book EVER!