Saturday, June 12, 2010

Purposeful blood?!?!

I'd say I'm surprised I got through this, considering the title -- but I had to read about a teen at "sick" minds. I'd also say I'm surprised how long this took to get through -- but A Walk Two Moons is taking me thrice as long.

I first started reading this back in 2008 or 09. I would get all down and then walk over to Barnes and Noble for a quick read. It really did always make me feel a little better. Suddenly though, I had no need to make these visits so I asked for it on goodreads swap.

I really like Patricia McCormick. You can tell she does a lot of research before she writes her novels. She always explores the most complex of teen girl issues. I wouldn't want my daughter to red them until she was old enough to handle the truth. But that last word is the reason I would want her to read it, truth. McCormick really has a way of telling the world the truth about things so many of us prefer not to talk about.

No comments: