Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Night is darker, and brighter, each time.

I love teaching this novel. It's been a few months since I read it. I'm glad I read it with the other two parts of his trilogy. It is definitely the best of the three. So much emotion packed into so few words.

If you have not read this, you must. It is hands down the BEST holocaust work you will ever come across. I don't get why Anne Frank is so popular, this is the real thing. All that fiction coming out now . . . bleh . . . this is the real thing.

His writing is so fascinating. It's at it's best in this novel. His struggle with God, his father, the physical need to survive . . . all are so amazing. The themes in this novel only get better with each read. This last one made read #4 for me (plus the fact that I've read it 5 times -- for each class -- on read #4 and 3 times -- for each class -- for read #3. Pretty much, I love it. Love reading it; love teaching it.

No comments: